Saturday, February 05, 2005

Time Fly Fast

It seems to me like yesterday when I took that plane from Panama for the first time, one year 1/2 ago to get embarked in a cruise ship as my very first job just very few months after majoring as a physical therapist in college. At times it has been rough and tough, at other times, it's been wonderful and amazing, but all part of the overall experience I am living through. I won't ever regret about coming here, far far away from my country and my family, because first of all It is part of God's particular plan for my life, and second because I've been able to enjoy one of my favorite things to do, traveling. Anyway, this comes to my mind as yesterday there was a reunion in one of the lounges here onboard to conmemorate the years of service to this company of the crewmembers onboard. The captain, hotel manager among others were there celebrating with the rest of us. There were two particular guys, one waiter from korea and one refrigerator fitter from Peru among us who had 25 straight years working for the company. The rest of us had 15, 10, 5, 3 and 1 year. We received all pins and they varied from size and features according to the years. Anyway, one of the things that really impacted me was the fact that I was there with one of the guys that took the marine course back home to get to have an interview to apply for the job. Out of a thousand people who took it, only 68 of us got the job and out of those 68 one of them is here with me. It made me happy to know that I was not the only panamenian in this craziness. And yes, as time pass by fast, I really hope this week to be over. Has been one of those were you wish to be anywhere else but here. But it's almost gone and I think I've survived well, thanks God mercy and strengh.

No comments: