Monday, April 25, 2005

Overcoming Fear

Several years ago, a known circus of affluent television developed an act that included flare tigers. The act was made live in front of a great hearing. One night, the trainer entered the cage with several tigers and the door was closed as usual behind him. The lights flooded the cage and the television cameras approached so that the audience could see each detail while him with his ability put to the tigers to perform.

In the middle of the performance, the worse happened: There was a black out. By almost thirty long seconds, the trainer was locked up with the tigers in the dark. With their superior night vision, the tigers could see him, but he could not see them . He survived. When the lights returned, with absolutely calm he finished his performance.

When they asked the trainer how he felt, he admitted to feel a cold fear in the beginning, but soon - he said -, I realized that even though I could not see the felines, they did not know it. He said: "I just continued striking my whip and speaking to them until the lights returned. They never knew that I could not see them as well as they saw me me."

Keep on speaking to the tigers of fear that seems to be hunting you. They will obey your voice of faith!

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

No comments: