Wednesday, November 03, 2004

As I was watching the elections to many thoughts crossed across my mind, and it is ok considering that we are living the last times according to the Bible. Ever since I was a kid, I always wondered who was going to be the last US president before the whole Jesus's followers departure from the earth stuff. I was completely sure that when Clinton came to the White House, that would be the time. However didnt happen, then Bush came to the W.H. I know that God has used him to fulfill His overall plan for this earth and its future. Anyway, its so confusing to me. He is definitely gonna be there for another 4 more years and thats good. The one thing that really caught my attention was that during the electoral campaign Kerry was very strong regarding Health Care, Economy and even Terrorism, as I see that to many americans were unsatisfied with how Bush has been taking care of it, not to mention how the economy has gone down, and how many jobs has been lost. So I really expected more support (based on this parameter) for Kerry. If people are not happy with the way theses things are being carried, then why to have it for four more years. But it turned out during this elections's polls that the reason why many people from the states that supported Bush gave him their support, was not necesarily because they felt more secure against terrorism, or because they felt that he could do better with the economy, but because moral issues. Wao, to me that was such a relief, I mean, what he is doing is really impacting and influencing people across america. To me that means, that still americans care about what the Bible has to say about our proper physical, emotional and spiritual behaviour. And that was in many cases their priority over such an important issues in our world today, like terrorism, economy and health care. Although America has become extremely liberal and away from God's Word, still exist an important number of people who doesnt believe in gay marriage, abortion among other things. So isnt it ironic? in the polls the huge majority is not happy with many of Bush's politics but still they gave him a second term to rule over America. All this make me thing about us being leader. All of us are leader and influence people around us in one way or another. We will always make mistake, we cannot be perfect. However, how people are evaluating us? Our material and wordly issues are more important than our moral issues, faith and convictions, that at the end will make people follow someone else?

5 comments:

crazysoulwinner said...

This very true my bother, we live in a time where I beleive God will bring a revial to this antion one more time, but I believe that satan will ot sleep on this, Yes God has ordain a mam of moral values to be president but what we don't relalize is that how close are we to the coming of Christi? could this be the last day? could tomorrow be the last day? how many days or months or years do we really have? God only knows but if there was a time to preach the gospel like tomorrow was our last day on earth then today is the day to preach it my brother. peace out
www.athisservice.blogspot.com

Willer said...

The truth of the matter is that the majority of the nation is not against the president. It's just that those who oppose him are making much more racket than his supporters. One thing you would notice about the U.S. is that the majority of our media is controlled by the Liberals and Democrats. A man who sticks up for his Christian morals is quickly bashed and demonized by the media which is a major reason why the current president (aside from being "the President") is such a target. His stand against abortion, gay marriage, and other such issues are not tolerated by the liberal crowd and they tend to make the bigger stink about it.

Josue said...

Uhm, I hadnt thought in that.

Unknown said...

Probably not going to get an answer to this, but I'm curious, what's wrong with gay marriage?

Unknown said...

I mean, is there a comment or something in the bible that you could point me to?