Friday, August 21, 2009

When life seems to be worthless!

Yesterday during the afternoon hours I learnt a very disturbing news, an acquaintance of mine from work place decided to end with his life by throwing himself out from the balcony of this flat of the building were he use to live. He left two small kids without the opportunity to grow next to a fatherly influence. His wife perhaps broken-hearted and numerous people at work who appreciated him or not with a bitter and ugly feeling deep into their hearts. Although I barely knew him and exchange words for he was a very quite person, I must admit that I have been deeply affected and have not been able to think of something else for the past 24 hours.
And after thinking and sharing with several co-workers and thinking some more, I've come to several conclusion.

1.Lack of friends: for not in vain the Scripture says in Ecclesiastes 4.10: "If one person falls, the other can reach out and help. But someone who falls alone is in real trouble." I remember someone making a comment several months back about this guy who was known to said he was not interested in making friends with no one while at work, and so he did convey that attitude on a daily basis. I thank God so much for people like Alexis, Ariel, Howard and so many others who are constantly aware of my whereabouts and will cheer me up and advise and rebuke and eventually help me to get on my feet. I must admit I even got angry during the day, wondering if anyone actually called him up or talked to him during these last days of emotional difficulties which could have avoided such a infamous episode. I thank God for all those godly friends of mine who do appreciate me and even get on my way even when I don't feel like allowing them inside and they still do. Conclusion>we are relational beings, alone we are in real trouble like the wise Salmon wrote several thousand of years back.
2.Lack of God: while sharing with two other co-workers today, one of them said "dude, you gotta be real sad or emotionally impaired in order to take this decision", another friend of mine mentioned earlier on the day"you gotta have guts to do so or perhaps drugged" and God brought to my heart Matthew 26:38>"Then He <Jesus> said to them, My soul is very sad and deeply grieved, (to the point he was actually sweating blood) so that I am almost dying of sorrow...and going a little farther, He threw Himself upon the ground on His face and prayed to God", asking for deliverance but overall for the Father's perfect will to be done. Jesus's answer to grievance and sadness sets the example for us mortals to follow. But we must know who God is and his unlimited power and knowledge, so our mind won't betray us during the darkest hours, so our mind and heart is secured in His promises of everlasting life, the same promises and blessings Jesus was granted after his darkest hour when He came up triumphant over the sin and death itself, that could not withhold him and keep him separated from God forever. My acquainted perhaps knew God but only as someone who is found at church on Sundays or Christmas or Easter seasons and not as the One, who loved him so much that already did the ultimate sacrifice, the ultimate prove of love for all of us and once in for all.

Today many of us cry and are saddened, and may this help the rest of us who outlived him to realize how fragile we are and how needy of God's real love we are. May this serves to bring real repentance and commitment to get to know Him and his Word. May this serves to me and those who profess to know God with our heart to continue spreading His hope and His love no matter what, no matter if it cost us our job, our reputation, our status quo, even our life. This guy decided against his own earthly and eternal life, may this bring real urgency in my heart to share with everyone on time and out of time about Jesus.

>>>>>>>>>In memory of F.C. May his family and closest friends find hope and consolation in Christ Jesus during this terrible hour.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have really great taste on catch article titles, even when you are not interested in this topic you push to read it

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to getting more information about this topic, don't worry about negative opinions.