Wednesday, April 16, 2008

What's New

This tiny section of the whole of my life is happening in Carnival Freedom, where I have been for the last 3 months or so. Looking intro retrospective I recall requesting to come to the newest ship in the fleet because of the european ports of call and the glamour of the boat an all that vanity. Today I deeply regret. But irregardless of my decisions, God has been able to bring forth the best of Him through me. I have been reminded every day for the past several months about my total vulnerability and need of my Lord.
For the past 3 or 4 weeks the crew have been under a lot of stress caused by different events and the morale is a quite low. It is something kind of contagious which is hard to overcome and avoid getting into. There have been some serious changes in the way the company runs its operation that has affected seriously the enjoyability of the job if there was any. Longest hours of work, several and repetitively reduction of personnel in the hectiest departments, and some other things have taken its toll on quite many of the crew who have decided to quit. I myself have been caught so many times playing with the idea in my mind and would have done so if it wasn't for the fact that I am counting with the money I'd save this contract. There have been times during these months were hadn't it been for God's support I would've dismay. However, I'm reminded over and over in His Word that He is working through the difficulties to shape my character and make me more like Him. I find hope as well in His promises that He gives strenght to the tired. Once I see Him working through all the circumstances I do realize He is in control.
I am still considering leaving the company probably after the end of this contract though. I think God has something else for the next period of my life.
For the time being, I will be joining Splendor at the old continent where I'll be flying on the 26th.

No comments: